KENILWORTH MEDIA CAREERS
B2B Magazine Editor
B2B Magazine Editor
Kenilworth Media is a forward-looking company dedicated to inspiring, informing, educating and connecting people to foster growth and prosperity. We have an immediate opening for an editor for one of our leading niche trade publications, and two of our vertical B2C titles.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, responsibilities of this position include:
- Managing of all facets of the day-to-day editorial process;
- Developing and securing editorial specific to the needs of readers. This includes extensive creation and editing of content online and in print (including video interviewing/webinar moderation);
- Developing additional content products for reader and advertiser audiences;
- Attending industry events;
- Liaising with production and design teams in a highly structured environment to assist in the timely production and design of the publication;
- Developing editorial for weekly e-newsletters;
- Posting content to publication website;
- Posting content to social media platforms;
- Proven expertise in growing a magazine’s online presence an asset;
- Ability to work independently, including developing story ideas.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be a part of a well-established publishing company of high- quality magazines and online media, which is continuously evolving and growing.
- A great work environment and the on-going training and support you need to be successful.
- Comprehensive benefits including health and dental coverage, a group RRSP program, flex hours and work-from-home options.
- Competitive remuneration and personal growth opportunities.
What you will bring:
- Journalism degree/diploma with a minimum of three years’ experience in a relevant editorial capacity;
- Excellent research, writing and editing abilities using CP style;
- Proven track record of meeting stringent deadlines;
- Superior organizational, time management and communication skills with an emphasis on customer service;
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram);
- Proficiency with WordPress, HTML, social media programs/tools;
- Familiarity with contact management software an asset;
- Experience using website analytics to drive content strategies online;
- Experience conducting video interviews/moderating webinars/panel discussions;
- Must be available to travel and work evenings or weekends as needed;
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter (including salary expectations), resume and link to published writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates being considered will be asked to complete an editing test.
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.